untame itself and break its owner








I guess there are no less than a million bikes in our apartment. It's fun to draw them. I abandoned my old lady bike for Sarah's newer old bike. It has no breaks, so that's kind of thrilling. The girls and I went for a bike ride a few days ago, and whenever someone got too close in front of me I had to yell "MOVE I HAVE NO BREAKS!" and swerve into various Sarasotan lawns.
I've felt like I'm in some weird beginning-of-year haze, where everyone is a little bit more anxious. Move in. Sweat off about 10 pounds because it's Florida and August. How was your summer? What teacher do you have? These are the kinds of questions I neither enjoy asking nor answering, but I'll do it anyways.
But soon, classes, homework, all the things that make us feel stressed, raw, tired, and alive.

No comments: