Autumn Sketches



Friday Sketch topic at work was Autumn. You can keep up with other sketches and such from the art department on the Reel FX
Art Department blog.


I also drew this gal.

I really enjoy autumn in Dallas. Everyone is in a nice mood, there are all sorts of pumpkin flavored things, and I can have my windows open.

This has been a busy few months for me. I'm wrapping up on French Ducks in Venice, as well as the illustrations for the next Lucky book with Simon and Schuster. Books are a lot of work. I'm still deciding whether or not to go to the SCBWI conference this winter. We'll see I guess! :)

In the bits of free time I can find, I'm also taking a baking class this week, the guys from Baked NYC are on tour for their new book, so I couldn't pass up the opportunity. I have their first book, and everything I've made from there was really tasty. Baking is what I do instead of video games, I find it relaxing and delicious.

Nothing new besides that. Just wanted the blogosphere to know I'm still around. I hope to have a lot to show soon. Until then, I hope all are well.

5 comments:

Gabby Zapata said...

aw they're beautiful :)! I love the warm lighting on the first one! makes me want to read with her too!

Dustin d'Arnault said...

:)

Duncan Barton said...

loving the colors in that top one, very nice arrangement!

Brandon said...

great work as usual Erin. I love your website images as well. You're quite the painter.

開拓王 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.