AFI Film Festival




I was asked to create a lot of our promotional material for the AFI Dallas Film Festival, which starts today. Limbert Fabian art directed, and simply asked me to make something that "makes the studio look awesome." This illustration is going in the program for the Festival to be seen by real cool people, so it made me real nervous.

I knew that my normal stuff doesn't really scream AWESOME FILM FESTIVAL, so I did a weird Shaun-Tan-esque robot with cowboy boots and cacti and it is probably a friendly robot. I figured Reel FX is a real rag tag crazy contraption. Either way, it's powered by studio love and coffee. Dustin and Yashar helped me think up doodads and gadgets to put on top.



In conjunction with the Festival, Reel FX also hosts the Tex Avery award, so I did another page for the program to advertise the event, and we decided to keep it in the same style as the robot ad.




And then, ALSO in conjunction with the festival is the Animation award, so I did the certificate that the winner will receive, along with whatever supersweet computer system.

Crazy times for me lately. Life is pretty exciting and work is satisfying. I have a lot of projects on my plate right now, and as usual the coolest stuff has to stay secret for a long time. Either way, I'm settling into life in Dallas, and looking forward to things to come. I'll be attending Concept Art's Reverie Workshop this weekend, hope to see some of you there. Take care.

12 comments:

Sarah Watts said...

Everything looks awesome, the AFI poster is hawt! So cool to see some of the stuff you've been doin. Take care

RAWLS said...

Hey Erin, really beautiful work my friend! Great style. I love yer wedding invites and home depot work too! Keep it up!

Kim said...

Man, that robot is badass to the nth degree, and so very atmospheric. The colours in some of the stuff you've been doing lately has just been blowing my mind. =)

~Ace

Pop-Monkey said...

Those look gorgeous -- great job!

Trish Tatman said...

I love this stuff! SOO good!

EL Gato Negro said...

holly shyt balls these are sweet, I really love them....

sam said...

Came across your work from Drawn. Really impressed! Can't wait to see more.

kenmeyerjr said...

Wow...to be so young and so good already, what a feeling that must be! Great stuff, illustration, design, the whole shebang...

tomm said...

just found your work on drawn. superb!

Armilyn and David said...

Also saw your work on Drawn. Such awesome stuff that we had to blog about it. That first poster looks like a cool steampunked version of James and the Giant Peach.

DiabloTexas said...

Amazing work. How come it took a workshop for me to find SO many talented concept artists here in town? I'm glad i'm finding out. It's great to see so much beautiful work.

Mark Ury said...

Rich, menacing, and playful. Lovely.