sesquipedalian


Cat in a Box

you heard me.
This past weekend I participated in an on campus Hallmark workshop with some Ringling grads and a bunch of other students. I did the same workshop last year, and both times I had a lot of fun. 

This year, we changed things a bit and spent the whole time concepting ideas for celebrating something for someone specific in your life. I ended up coming up with a cat-suitcase-bed for my sister, since she has a new pet and travels with it a lot. The cat wouldn't actually be closed inside the box but would be a bed when it was open, and closed, would hold all the pet necessities. I had a fun time doing something different, and it was nice doing something other than thesis.
Here are my original concept drawings-

The one on the left was the other idea I liked, and would have been an entertainment chest for Drew and would have included a cool dresser, with a top that folds out into a ping pong table, a refrigerated top drawer for beer and wine, and a bottom drawer with party games and a bar set.

All in all, a fun time.

4 comments:

Kate Dwiggins said...

Seeing you in the workshop made me come see your blog, which is good--I hope you don't mind me linking it! I like the bon voyage girl and the figure very much--and I can't wait to see the rest of your thesis, too!

Trish Tatman said...

It's your cat... in a box! (Sorry, i couldn't help myself.)

Jamie Pogue said...

One: Put a bed in the box
Two: Puchya cat in that box.
Three: Make her open the box
And that's the way you do it.
Forgot to say congrats on society and happy early b-day!

Anonymous said...

Hi Erin!

I saw your work on the CMYK site, and I have to say, fancy, fancy. Keep up the awesome work.