Jo March - Light Grey Art Lab


“You are the gull, Jo, strong and wild, fond of the storm and the wind, flying far out to sea, and happy all alone.” ― Louisa May Alcott, Little Women 

 
Happy to share the piece I did for Light Grey Art Lab's GIRLS: Fact + Fiction show. The premise was to choose either a historical or fictional female character to illustrate.

I chose Jo March, the heroine of Little Women. I admire her stubbornness and independence, plus I've seen the movie enough times that it's become part of my DNA. And, though I'm living in Texas now, I'll always be a New Englander at heart.

If you're in the Minneapolis area Dec 7th- Jan 4th, the entire GIRLS: Fact + Fiction show is on display, and the lineup looks fantastic. Address and times here. Plus, the exhibit is available as a book, or as individual prints here.

If you'd like a print of this Jo March piece, they're exclusively available here.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Sarah Watts said...

Man, I love this piece.

anne said...

somehow I missed seeing this ~ just want to dive in & live there ~ lovely piece Erin!