Palindromes


Monster friends

I like the few hours after I first get a new sketchbook. There's always a sense of "I should probably draw something cool" and a little bit of pressure with that first page to not be something dumb. Or should be Miyazaki monsters. 

Also, emcguire.net is updated with the two new pieces finished recently. I also redesigned and updated Drew's Website with a ton of his new work. Check them out!

If you're like me and have an insatiable need for new stuff on your google reader, here are some of the more interesting blogs I've come across lately.

This is going to be a busy summer. I hope to fit in some reading though (recommendations?), and trips to the Dallas farmer's market. Hope all are well and busy!

1 comment:

Andrew R. Wright said...

I hear you on the new sketchbook. Drew's site looks great as well. I wish more concept artist had a site that is as clean and functional as his (I can't say I know to many though).

Your Terrible Yellow Eyes submission is AWESOME!! It gets me every time I look at it. Seriously. I love it and would love to obtain a print even more.

I don't know about you but I truly enjoy meeting a famous Illustrato every so often (the value behind the r was to light so I made it a bit darker). Thank you so much for pointing that out. I really hate myself when I miss subtleties like that and proceed to have them printed.

Actually my opinion/aesthetic for business cards began to form after seeing the one you had with the flower. I remember starting to design mine (senior year portfolio class) and pulling out a bunch of cards I had collected. Your card stood out immediately. Everyone else's blurred together in multiple values. I also agree with you on a simple graphic/image that is memorable. I have yet to find one that speaks well for my work.

I hope all is well!